One bedroom apartments designed in the simple, rustic style of the area, set in a 12 acre orchard in the quiet of the countryside. Nearby is the river Gilão, the natural waterfall of “Moinhos da Rocha” is 3 Km.away, Tavira town centre at 7Km , and the beaches at 8 Km distance. Fazenda Grande consists of 5 apartments, each with accommodation for 2 to 4 persons.
The castle and the bell towres of a multitude of churches. The river like a mirror reflecting the houses and gardens. The distinctive outline of roffs of the local “tesouro” (treasure) style. Broad vistas of sea and sand. These are among the charms of Tavira, a city of art and history and an essential port of call on any cultural tour of the Algarve.
Bookings accepted all year long. Minimum stay of one week during summer. The rest of the year is to be discussed. Available for long term winter lets.
Type of Lodging
- Bedroom farmhouse ( sleeps 2-4 );
Area / Municipality
- Tavira / Tavira;
- bedroom with double bed and fitted wardrobe;
- 1 full bathroom;
- Dining table and chairs;
Kitchen or kitchenette
- Electric hob;
- Iron and ironing board;
- All apartments have television;
- Rent a by bicycle – email for detalis
- Off Road Packages – Adventure – email for details
- Communal swimming pool;
- Sun beds, tables and chairs;
- Roofed parking;
- Towels changed 2 times a week (for stays of at least 1 week);
- Bed linen once a week (for stays of at least 1 week);
Location information and Facilities
- Ilha da Tavira – There are regular ferry crossings to this island, whuch lies opposite the city and has long beaches and suoort facilities.
- Cabanas – Seperated by an arm of the Ria Formosa, Cabanas is quite and isolated. It can be reached by boat from Tavira. Resort Quinta Velha
- Conceição – Opposite the village of the same name. Reached by boat. Extensive beach. Very calm.
- Santa Luzia – A vast beach that offers hours of solitude, coupled with the pleasure of warm, clear waters.
- Barril – Barril is long enough to encompass both the cosmopolitan atmosphere and near complete isolation.
- Benamor – This course. designed by Sir Henry Cotton, is the first golf course to open east of the capital of the Algarve, Faro, and lies just outside of Tavira. The course is an undulating one, although not excessively so, offering views over the mountains to one side and the sea to the other.
- Colina Verde – The Colina Verde is a small inland 9-hole course situated in Maragota, between the coast and the Algarvian mountain range.
- International Airport of Faro – 27 Km
- N 37º 09.432 ; W 007º 41.132
Price per person in € Euros
|Jan/Feb/Mar/Apr||30 euros / day|
|May||40 euros / day|
|June||55 euros / day|
|July||65 euros / day|
|August||75 euros / day|
|September||55 euros / day|
|October||40 euros / day|
|Nov/Dec||30 euros / day|
- For more information about long term rentals please contact us.