Bermuda is about 180 islands and islets — located 650 miles east of North Carolina — that offer couples a tropical getaway that’s close to home and a cinch to navigate. Off shore, abundant coral reefs and the numerous shipwrecks have earned this British colony the nickname “Isle of Devils.” On shore, verdant Bermuda is blanketed in blooms including freesia, bougainvillea, passion flower, bird of paradise, royal Poinciana, frangipani, and many varieties of hibiscus.
Before You Go: Need-to-know info
- Language: English
- Flight time: 2 hours from NYC, 9 1/2 hours from LA, 3 1/2 hours from Chicago, 6 hours from Dallas
- Getting around: You can’t rent cars, but you can easily get around by taxi, bus, ferry, moped, or bike
- Entry requirements: Passport and return or onward ticket
- Currency: Bermudian dollars (U.S. dollars are also widely accepted)
When To Go: Bermuda at its best
- Best weather: May to November. Year-round temperatures range from the mid 60s to 85 degrees Fahrenheit. January receives the most rain, though rainfall is fairly consistent throughout the year.
- Best prices: November to March (other than Christmas and New Year’s); exact dates vary by hotel. Hurricane season swirls from June to November (September is trickiest).
Why To Go
- Golf: Bermuda has more golf courses per square mile than any other country in the world. Best courses: Mid Ocean Club, Port Royal Golf Course, and Riddell’s Bay Golf & Country Club.
- Diving: They don’t call it “The Bermuda Triangle” for nothing. A fantasia of more than 400 wrecks awaits divers beneath the cerulean sea near Bermuda. Explore the Cristobal Colon, a 499-foot Spanish luxury liner that sunk in 1936, or dive a stacked wreck!
- It’s pink!: Twenty-one miles of pink beaches encircle this otherwise green island. The coast takes on its powder-pink hue thanks to waves battering and breaking down tiny, calcified pink animals attached to the surrounding coral reef. Homes, buildings, and churches are also painted in every shade of pink imaginable and are topped with white rippled roofs, offering a brilliant contrast to the deep blue sky.
For more informations and prices please email [email protected]