Departures & Arrivals prepared a special “Cultural Package” to get to know all Portugal, in 14 days-13 nights as follow:
Introduction to Portugal
Portugal is a country situated in south-western Europe on the Iberian Peninsula. It is the westernmost country of Europe, and is bordered by the Atlantic Ocean to the West and South and by Spain to the North and East. The Atlantic archipelagos of the Azores and Madeira are part of Portugal. The country is named after its second largest city, Porto, whose Latin name was Portus Cale.
The land within the borders of today’s Portuguese Republic has been continuously settled since prehistoric times: occupied by Celts like the Gallaeci and the Lusitanians, integrated into the Roman Republic and later settled by Germanic peoples such as the Suebi and the Visigoths, in the 8th century the lands were conquered by Moors.
In the 15th and 16th centuries, as the result of pioneering the Age of Discovery, Portugal expanded western influence and established a global empire that included possessions in Africa, Asia, Oceania, and South America, becoming one of the world’s major economic, political and military powers. The Portuguese Empire was the first global empire in history.
Mainland Portugal is split by its main river, the Tagus that flows from Spain and disgorges in Tagus Estuary, before escaping into the Atlantic. The northern landscape is mountainous towards the interior with several plateaus indented by river valleys, whereas the south, that includes the Algarve and the Alentejo regions, is characterized by rolling plains.
Portugal is among the 20 most visited countries in the world, receiving an average of 13 million foreign tourists each year.
Tourist hotspots in Portugal are Lisbon, the Algarve and Madeira. Lisbon is, after Barcelona, the European city which attracts the most tourists. Porto and Northern Portugal, especially the urban areas north of Douro River valley, was the tourist destination which grew most.
- 5 nights in Oporto
- 1 night in Seia
- 1 night in Coimbra
- 1 night in Obidos
- 3 nights in Lisboa
- 2 nights in Faro
- Hotel Porto 4*
- Hotel de montanha Casas da Lapa or similar
- Hotel Coimbra 4*
- Hotel Estalagem do Convento 4* or similar
- Hotel Lisbon 4*
- Hotel Faro 4*
- 5 nights of accommodation and breakfast, 4* hotel in Porto.
- 1 night of accommodation and breakfast, 4* hotel in Seia.
- 1 night of accommodation and breakfast, 4* hotel in Coimbra.
- 1 nights of accommodation and breakfast, 4* hotel in Obidos.
- 3 nights of accommodation and breakfast, 4* hotel in Lisbon.
- 2 nights of accommodation and breakfast, 4* hotel in Faro.
- Bus en route from Porto to Faro.
- Driver´s accommodation and breakfast with the group, outside of Lisbon.
- English-speaking local guides for the following services: Oporto arrival transfer, Oporto visit, Douro full day excursion, Santiago de Compostela visit, Guimarães full day excursion, Barcelo, Guimarães & Braga full day excursion, cheese factory visit, Serra da Estrela park visit, Coimbra visit, Fátima visit, Alcobaça monastery visit, Obidos visit, Lisbon visit, Sintra full day excursion, Evora visit, Algarve full day excursion.
- Winery visit with wine tasting and lunch in Douro region.
- Cheese factory visit with cheese tasting in Seia.
- Fado show with dinner in Lisbon.
- Entrance tickets: Alcobaça monastery, Sagres fortress, Sé cathedral, Capela dos Ossos-São Francisco church and Evora cathedral.
- Local taxes.
Prices per person in Euros €
|Number of Guests||30/40 paxs|
|In Double room||€ 2.225|
|Single Supplement||€ 830|