Pilgrimage is a way of looking forward; looking at the horizon line where the earth and heaven meet. Pilgrimage is a journey; a way of learning and know yourself inside.
This tour will show you the ways of faith in Portugal, revealing you the legends and the rich religious and cultural heritage of the country. An unforgettable journey through Portugal, meeting with Fado in Lisbon, with the religion in Fatima, and also enjoying to know a little bit of Santiago de Compostela in Spain.
- 08 nights’ accommodation as mention in the itinerary (3 nights in Lisbon + 1 night in Fátima + 1 night in São Pedro do Sul + 1 night in Guimarães + 1 night in Braga + 1 night in Porto)
- Official English speaking guide for the whole circuit (or any other language)
- Entrance fee at Saint George’s Castle (Lisbon)
- Mini-cruise at Porto
- Entrance fee at a wine cellar + wine tasting
- Deluxe motor coach for the entire program + driver and all necessary expenses, taxes and tolls
- Any meals or drinks (besides breakfast)
- Porters at Hotels or airport
- Tips & Extras
- Entrance fees other than those mentioned in “package rates include” (please consult our table of supplements)
- Everything else not mentioned in “package rates include”
Day 1 – Portugal (Lisboa)
Arrival at Lisbon Airport. Transfer from Lisbon Airport to a Hotel in Lisbon. Accommodation at a Lisbon Hotel.
Day 2 – Lisboa
Breakfast at the hotel in Lisbon. In the morning half-day guided tour of Lisbon: starting with a panoramic of the main streets and squares of the city: Marquis de Pombal Square, Avenida da Liberdade and the Rossio square. We will continue to one of the oldest quarters of the city: Alfama, where we will visit the São Jorge Castle. We will proceed to Belém, stopping by the Belem Tower and the Discovery Monument for photos. Still within Belém quarter we will visit the Jeronimos Monastery. Arrival at the hotel around 13h00.
As an optional program for the afternoon, we suggest a half-day tour, visiting Sintra, Estoril and Cascais. At night, our suggestion is dinner at a typical house of Fado (considered by UNESCO as Intangible Cultural Heritage). Accommodation in Lisbon.
Day 3 – Lisboa / Óbidos / Alcobaça / Batalha / Fátima
Breakfast at the hotel in Lisbon. Departure to Fatima in the morning. First stop will be in Óbidos, a town surrounded by medieval walls. Continuing to Alcobaça, where we will visit its famous Monastery. We will follow to Batalha, where we will visit the Monastery of Our Lady of Victory. The journey continues to Fatima after lunch. Arriving to Fatima we will have time to visit the whole Shrine, which includes the Basilica, the Chapel of Apparitions, the Retreat House of Our Lady of Mount Caramel and Paul VI Pastoral Center, the venue of the prayers, the Retreat House of Our Lady of Sorrows. Rest of afternoon free. Accommodation in Fatima.
Day 4 – Fátima / Coimbra / Viseu / São Pedro Do Sul
Breakfast at the hotel in Fatima. Departure in the morning to Coimbra; walking tour through the oldest part of the town, visiting the University, the old cathedral and the break-down back to the bank of the river Mondego. Across the region of Beira Interior, we arrive to Viseu. Walking tour through down-town up to the Cathedral. We will follow our journey to São Pedro do Sul. Accommodation at São Pedro do Sul.
Day 5 – São Pedro Do Sul / Lapa / Lamego / Vila Real / Amarante / Guimarães
Breakfast at the hotel at São Pedro do Sul. Departure in the morning, being our first stop to visit the Shrine of Our Lady of Lapa. Then we will go to Lamego. From a central avenue of the city, towards the top of a hill, there is a magnificent baroque staircase with 686 steps to reach a rocaille sanctuary, built in honour of Our Lady of Remedies. Down the Douro Valley, we will cross the Marão Mountain Range to arrive to Amarante, a city where it’s settled São Gonçalo Convent, a Benedictine building of the 13th century. Visit of the Convent. Already entering in the Minho region, we arrive to Guimaraes, considered the cradle of the nation. Walking tour through the historic center of the city. Accommodation at Guimarães.
Day 6 – Guimarães / Santiago De Compostela / Braga
Breakfast at the hotel in Guimarães. Departure in the morning to Spain. Direct route overlooking the stunning landscape of Minho and Galicia, Valencia and Vigo until we arrive to Santiago de Compostela. Walking Tour and free time for lunch and shopping. After lunch we will follow to Braga. Visit the Cathedral of Braga, the oldest in the country. Near the town we can visit three major shrines dedicated to the Portuguese Marian devotion: the Sanctuary of Bom Jesus do Monte, the shrine dedicated to Our Lady of Sameiro and the Church of St. Mary Magdalene. Accommodation in Braga.
Day 7 – Braga / Porto
Breakfast at the hotel in Braga. Departure from Braga for half-day tour of Porto. Porto, the second largest city of Portugal, industrial and monumental at the same time. Visit the main points of the city through the Avenue of Aliados, Clérigos Tower, Boavista Avenue and the whole district of Foz; the Stock Exchange Palace and Bridge of Dom Luis. We will still have time for a mini-cruise on the Douro River. We will have the afternoon free for sightseeing or shopping in Porto downtown. Accommodation in Porto.
Day 8 – Porto / Lisboa
Breakfast at the hotel in Porto. Departure from Porto to Lisbon. Rest of the day free. As an optional program for the afternoon, we suggest visiting the Nations Park, former EXPO’98 site, near the Tagus River and where we can visit the Lisbon Oceanarium. (one of the biggest in Europe).
Day 9 – Departure from Lisboa’s Airport
Transfer to Lisbon Airport. Return Home.
Have a nice trip.
Prices per person in Euros €
|Num. PAX||Package double|
- Single Supplement – 350,00 € p/ pax
- Extra Bed – 6% (do pacote em duplo)
- Frees 1 single free in double – with minimum 20 paying pax (max. 1 free p/ bus)
- HB supplement: € 35,00 p/ pax – For each dinner (without drinks)
Optional Tours (mentioned in the itinerary) – Min 20 pax
- Half-day tour (afternoon) of Sintra – 45,00 € p/ pax (including transport + official guide)
- Half-day tour (afternoon) of Nations Park (Lisbon) – 35,00 € p/ pax (including transport + official guide)
Entrance fees at monuments:
- Jerónimos Monastery (Lisbon) – € 7,00 p/ pax
- National Palace of Sintra – € 7,00 p/ pax
- Alcobaça Monastery – € 6,00 p/ pax
- Batalha Monastery – € 6,00 p/ pax
- Coimbra University – € 6,00 p/ pax
- Bolsa Palace (Porto) – € 6,00 p/ pax
Note: these rates are subject to confirmation (valid until 31.12.2013; they can suffer changes without any prior notice and we cannot guarantee them for now)
- Fado Dinner at restaurant in Lisbon (3 course set menu with drinks);
- Transfer to & from restaurant included
- Min. 20 pax € 85,00 p/ pax
Applying conditions to the above mentioned rates
- Above rates are per person in DBL room, including breakfast and all taxes accordingly with Portuguese law;
- Guaranteed prices for a minimum of 20 pax per group;
- The included hotels are all 4* units, except the Hotel in Fátima and in Braga which are 3* units
Video – Fatima