Saint Martin Honeymoons
Two nations (France and the Netherlands) have gone half-sies on this tiny Caribbean Island. The beautiful destination truly makes the most of its space — it measures 37 square miles and has 37 beaches! But no matter which side you choose, the French St. Martin or the Dutch Saint Maarteen, beautiful shores, blue water and a happening nightlife await.
Before You Go: Need-to-know info
- Entry requirements: Passport and return ticket
- Language: Dutch, French and English are spoken.
- Flight time: 4 1/2 hours from NYC, 10 hours from LA
- Getting around: Taxi, car
When To Go: Saint Martin at its best
- Best weather: Always! It’s a constant low humidity 80 to 85 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Best prices: The high season is December through April so plan around those months for better rates.
What To Do
- Try a little bit of everything: The island mixes a European ambience with a laid-back Caribbean feel. You can stroll through cute old towns and dine on culinary delights, or devote your time to more beachy pursuits like sailing, snorkeling or hunting for seashells. Scuba diving is a big draw to the island so you can watch as a parrotfish lunches on coral or a hawksbill turtle glides lazily through the clear blue waters.
- Roll the dice: The nights are never dull on the island with bars, clubs and casinos, all of which have craps, blackjack, roulette, and slot machines. Even if you’re not into gambling yourselves, it’s fun enough to watch other tourists play the odds, too.
- Country hop: The island’s dual nationality gives you a chance to visit two countries. According to legend, Oyster Pond on the Dutch side is where a Frenchman and Dutchman stood back to back and starting walking around the island in either direction, determining the present-day boundaries between Dutch and French. No need to walk today: it’s possible to swim between the border (an informal one at that) without even realizing it. You can also hike Mount Concordia, which sits center island and acts as a border.
For more informations and prices please email [email protected]